- Case Study -
Ensuring Zero Harm
Learn how Downer used Lucidity to support their internal value of Zero Harm.
Safety is the first of Downer’s four Pillars, and Zero Harm is embedded in the company’s DNA.
Downer designs, builds and sustains assets, infrastructure and facilities and are the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
Downer holds the firm belief that any injury caused in the workplace is unacceptable and preventable. Ensuring all their people return home safely to their families at the end of the working day is their top priority.
Downer’s commitment to Zero Harm has led to a strong health and safety culture at all levels of the business.
“We wanted to become more sophisticated in the management of our HSEQ systems."
- Various teams were working in different high-risk environments.
- Different processes were being used by departments across the company to capture critical risk data. Making it hard to quickly identify and address risks.
- Information was captured through paper forms or various off-the-shelf digital platforms and stored in different locations.
- No central database/system for the whole business.
- No proactive insights to support or improve safety and productivity.
- Time was being wasted looking for risks instead of actively addressing potential incidents.
- Downer is using the Competency, Contractor, Induction and InForm modules.
- Lucidity collaborated with Downer's Zero Harm Reporting & Analytics team, ensuring they captured crucial business information to assist in identifying significant HSEQ trends from the rich data collected via the Lucidity Mobile App.
- Standardised their data collection process and simplified a lot of workflows
"Lucidity has changed the way we capture infield Zero Harm information across our Australian and international operations . . ."
Outcome and Benefits
- Significant increase seen in reported risks.
- Standardise business forms deployed to workers through the App, making it easier for them to follow and complete safety processes.
- Precise data has equalled more meaningful insights, keeping their workers and contractors safe.
- Downer now captures Zero Harm information across Australia and its international operations.
- Real-time access to granular field data has enabled more accurate insights so they can make more proactive business decisions.
From the client
“When you work in a high-risk industry, it is crucial to have visibility over where your critical risks are within the business. Using the Lucidity platform, we were able to bring all the different data capture methods from across the business into one simple, central platform. It’s been a game-changer for us.
Yakov Terterian - Downer’s Group Manager of Reporting & Analytics